General competition rules
- A certified copy of birth certificate, passport or identification document is required.
- The formal competition will take place over 3 rounds in an elimination format.
- Audition round: A YouTube link played by the entrant representing contrasting styles.
- Semi-Finals is a public performance.
- Grand Final is a public performance.
- Please note: Entrants may be requested to verify or authenticate their recordings by personal performance of short excerpts from pieces chosen prior to their participation in the Semi-finals.
- The Semi-finals will take place over a two-day period. The venue will be allocated according to the category. Competitors will be notified of their status via email.
- The Grand finale adjudication will take place over a single day.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- This competition is open to persons from the ages of 5 to 25 years. The age of a contestant will be deemed as at 31 August 2020.
- All prize winners from previous competitions may enter.
- The Executive Committee has the right to amend the age category of the contestant if it is established that the contestant has entered the incorrect category.
- If a contestant competes in a round where the adjudicator is also the contestant’s teacher, a second adjudicator will be present for those contestants to ensure that there are no irregularities.
- No agents, coaches, teachers, team leaders or make-up artists will be allowed backstage during the competition. Only one guardian will be able to accompany contestants to and from backstage.
- Parents and guardians will be responsible for their minor children at all times before, during and after the competition.
- The Executive Committee reserves the right to cancel a category or this competition at any time if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances are outside of its control. Entry fees will not be refunded under any circumstances whatsoever including, but not limited to the contestant wishing to withdraw from the competition.
- No flash photography may be used in any of the venues during the competition and all phones must be switched to silent.
- No intimidation of any contestant by any party or other contestants will be tolerated and all contestants are urged to be highly professional.
- Pictures and performance may be used by the competition for all social media and advertising purposes without remuneration.
- Prize giving will follow shortly after the final performance.
- All competitors must report at least 20 minutes before their allocated time in each round. Clean, unmarked copies of works to be performed must be presented in triplicate. Original sheet music must be available.
- Stage etiquette is compulsory.
TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION
The organisers will not provide accommodation.
The organisers will not provide transport to and from the competition venue.
PLEASE REFER TO YOUR RELEVANT CATEGORY FOR MORE INFORMATION: